- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts finely shredded or quartered
- 1 cup Kettle & Fire Mushroom Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- 1 cup organic mozzarella cheese shredded
- Kosher salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- ¼ cup pine nuts finely chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a large sauce pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until just soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir to combine.
- Add the bone broth to the pot and stir to combine. Cook until the Brussels sprouts are just soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Then stir in the heavy cream and cheese. Add the nutmeg and a couple generous pinches of salt. Cook until cheese it completely melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the pine nuts, thyme and parmesan cheese. Add a pinch of salt and toss gently to combine.
- Carefully divide the Brussels sprouts and cream mixture evenly between the four ramekins and top with the pine nut mixture.
- Place ramekins on a sheet pan and transfer to the oven. Cook until the gratin is bubbly and the pine nut crust is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly and serve.