This delicious meal is based on a popular recipe, Eggplant Lasagne from the KetoDiet App. Following several requests from my readers, this one is meat-free. As some of you may have guessed, I used eggplant slices and thin egg omelettes to reduce the overall carb count per serving.
- 2 medium eggplants / aubergines (750 g / 26.5 oz / 1.6 lb)
- 1 cup Marinara sauce ( 240 g / 8.5 oz)
- 300 g fresh spinach (10.6 oz) or g frozen spinach (330 g / 11.6 oz)
- 1 ⅓ cup feta cheese (200 g / 7.1 oz)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (110 g / 4 oz)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated (30 g / 1.1 oz)
- 6 large eggs, free-range or organic
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp ghee – you can make your own (85 g / 3 oz)
- ½ tsp salt or more to taste (I like pink Himalayan)
- fresh herbs
- by following this recipe.
- You can create less layers if you like – it’s totally up to you. Just make sure you top the lasagna with some mozzarella and parmesan.