- 1 cup Swerve confectioners
- 6 TBS organic butter
- ½ cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz edible cocoa butter
- ⅔ cup Swerve confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- To make the filling: Before you begin, make sure you have everything ready to go – the cream and the butter next to the pan, ready to put in. Work fast or the sweetener will burn. Heat butter on high heat in a heavy-bottomed 2-quart (2 L) or 3-quart (3 L) saucepan. As soon as it comes to a boil, watch for specks of brown (this is brown butter). Immediately add the Swerve and the cream to the pan. Whisk until caramel sauce is smooth. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, and then pour into candy molds. Set in fridge or freezer until completely set. Meanwhile make the chocolate coating.
- Place cocoa butter in a double boiler and heat on medium high until fully melted (or microwave safe bowl and heat on high for one minute, check and heat for 30 seconds until melted). Melting cocoa butter takes longer than traditional fats.
- Stir in natural sweetener.
- Stir in extracts and salt.
- Remove the filling from the fridge or freezer. Remove from molds and coat with white chocolate.
- Cool in refrigerator until white chocolate is solid, about an hour.